Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Exsisting Critique


Sometimes I feel lost for words when starting writing about another artist for this site. It feels like I have used up all of the good epithets that describe emotion, intimacy and humanism. I am afraid that I won’t be able to express myself accurately on the subject of human sentiment, because I tried to do my best (and even better, which is not good) when this triad wasn’t the main theme as it is with Rembrandt — what would I be left with? So I place some hope in this small complaint, and will try to scrub the words of their previous given meaning and re-energize them with a fresh one. One must, because if Rembrandt could revivify these concepts with paint, whoever writes on Rembrandt should be able to follow the linguistic suit. The most suitable description for feelings displayed in this piece is how real and immediate they are: they don’t represent any religious notions or any distant mythical passions; they belong to the people, who are caught in the moment of experiencing them. The experience itself becomes the true, sought for goal and value.

No comments: