Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Narrative 2

It seems like just yesterday when he told me that he was going to enlist in the navy. I was completely heartbroken. I thought we were going to get married and have the perfect life together but I guess he had different plans. At that time we had been together for three years, which seemed like forever. I was so shocked when he told me that he wanted to go into the military, I was so worried and nervous. What if he died? What if I would never see him again? A million things were going through my head at that time. This was my boyfriend, the person I love the most leaving me and risking his life for our country. The thought of it was both horrible and completely honorable at the same time. I was proud of him for being so brave; this is what made me fall in love with him in the first place.
Fast forward four years and today is the day that he is finally coming home. I cannot wait to be in his arms again, to kiss him, it is an indescribable feeling. With sweaty palms and shaking hands I waited for him to come off the bus. The soldiers came off one by one and there he was. I ran as fast as my legs could go and jumped into his arms. I couldn’t believe that he was finally home. I held him tight to my chest; I was never going to let him go. We both cried embracing each other; this was the moment I had been waiting for after being four long years away from him. When we pulled apart he looked into my eyes and gave me the biggest kiss. As our lips came together, I felt home again. At that moment I knew, after spending seven long years with him he was the man that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

No comments: