Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Narrative 5

They say that we’re too young, that we’ll never make it. But I know that they are wrong. I see the way that he looks at me, how we are two halves of a whole and I know how real this is. My parents say that we will never make, that this is just a phase. But I know that they are wrong. He makes me feel so happy, everything about us is so right. Every time I see him I get butterflies and my heart races. I feel my palms getting sweaty and my cheeks turn pink. It used to be only a crush, now it’s so much more. It has been exactly one year since the first time he told me that he loved me. To this day, I know that he still does. He helps me through everything and I could never ask for anything more. This boy is everything I’ve ever wanted and I can see myself in his eyes. I don’t know how this happened so early in my life. I feel so blessed to have found my soulmate so soon. I didn’t expect this. I thought at first we would just be friends, I had no intentions of it evolving into a love so strong. He makes me complete and I know that I could spend forever with him. At the beginning our friends said we weren’t going to last forever but we were cute at the time. We have really surprised them being so strong. I know that nothing can break us and we are a solid couple. Although, at times I worry that he doesn’t feel the same way that I do for him. It is a scary thought because if we ever split, I would be completely heart broken. But it is not worth worrying about something like that because I can see how much he loves me in his eyes. I feel so secure when I’m with him like everything in the world is perfect. I feel at home in his arms. I feel like I would be lost without him, he helps me get through some really tough days. When I feel like everything is wrong and I have no one to turn to, he is always there. I thank god everyday that he’s mine and I pray that it stays this way. How could we be so perfect? We surprisingly never fight. I guess it’s just a miracle how we always stay this way. On this warm summer evening as we watch the sunset and gaze into each others eyes, I think back on the two years we have been together and feel a tear come to my eye. He notices it and says, “Baby what’s wrong?”, and I tell him nothing, this past two years with you have been the perfect dream.

No comments: