Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Narrative 4

Looking at them now I know that they’re perfect for each other. I’ve known from the day they were born that they will eventually end up together. Emily and Jon were both born on April 20th, they have the same chubby little cheeks and big blue eyes. Jon is the perfect little gentleman, he always lets Emily choose which toy she wants first and he’s always by her side making sure she is ok. When they’re not together he cries and demands to see her. And when he does, his little face illuminates with joy. I don’t understand how it’s possible to be in love at the age of four but for Jon and Emily, it is a strange reality.
Lisa, Emily’s mother and I have been best friends since high school. So it is natural that our husbands are very close too. We live next door to each other and are constantly together. Which is kind of bizarre that Lisa and I got pregnant around the same time. Although kind of creepy, we loved every moment of it. If I needed someone other than Mike (my husband) to talk to I would always have my pregnant best friend next door. Our due dates were coming to a near and we were all getting excidingly nervous. When Lisa went into labor I was excited, but disappointed too. I wanted us to have our babies on the same day. Then while she was in labor at the hospital I started getting contractions also. I was nervous and excited at the same time. In the end I had the first baby, a boy. I decided on the name Jon. An hour later Lisa had hers, a girl. We were exstaic, that night Jon and Emily slept together peacefully in the bassinet. Then and there us, the four new proud parents knew our children would grow up some day and be together. Four years later and Jon and Emily are unseperable. They spend every minute together. It is so beautiful to see them together, so fresh and innocent. Lisa and I are closer than ever and we love seeing our children together; they warm our hearts. To this day I still cannot believe how their lives have been so similar. I feel as if god planned all of this out. Today the world needs more kids like Jon and Emily. They are so young but they care for each other so deeply. It can be hard sometimes to comprehend but I know that this is the way it’s meant to be. It is Valentines day and Jon and Emily are outside playing in their play house. Lisa and I decided to decorate it for them, we felt like it would be cute. They seem to like it, I can see that Emily is fascinated by the flowers. Sometimes I wonder if they will make it together as their lives go on. Only time will tell, but for now we can only hope. Jon and Emily as a couple some day could change the world one step at a time.

No comments: